Sunday 25 April 2010

My understanding of diplomacy today

Looking back, my understanding of the role of diplomacy was rather narrow in comparison to what I have learned about it over the last three months. I have realised that diplomacy is much more of a complex process and it evolves constantly as the world evolves. Furthermore, I was totally unaware of an existence of so many different types of diplomacy and the role they play in a shaping of world’s affairs (public diplomacy, multilateral diplomacy or summits). Moreover, it was unknown to me that a variety of actors, successfully, conduct diplomacy. Here I mean the NGOs and other individuals such as celebrities who are actively engaged in diplomatic practices. Considering the above, I must admit that my knowledge about the diplomacy has certainly expanded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment